Be aware of these common risks when designing your websites:
– Your property page will not quickly tell you what the Website is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Web site and determine what the web page is about, what type of products that sells, or what it is marketing within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and audio but which you have to watch with respect to five to ten a few moments before you are taken up the real World wide web site), and also other Web design features that sketch interest far from your Site, products, and/ or expertise.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes destroyed hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without links, backlinks that consider you to the same Web page, and pages without links to the home site (always incorporate a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where site visitors are, they can find all their way back house! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web-site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have an effective restaurant yet want to market and promote your business on the net. Creating a Internet site is great, but since it is not endorsed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to develop your Web site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon from the Web site, you are efficiently using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet objective of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failure to attain Web site relevance and content updating. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a site that is largely out of date. Incorrect pricing, items no longer available, dated content material, and old advertising every signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is normally suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor via getting the stage of your Web site (the five-second rule stated earlier).
– Avoid too many text results. Forget flashing text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your web sites visitor. Don’t create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or design that visitors are overwhelmed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Website so that you may overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics excess. ” Don’t use animated GIF images with your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, however in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors is not going to want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in Web site blog-hosenmatz.com design. The use of frames within a Web site will travel customers apart faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Website design factors to ensure that the Web site is able to be found simply by search engines.