Be aware of these kinds of common stumbling blocks when designing your web sites:
– Your house page does not quickly tell you what the Web page is all about. You will be able to go to the home page of any Web site and discover what the web page is about, what type of products this sells, or perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and appear but which you have to watch intended for five to ten a few moments before you are taken up the real Net site), and also other Web design features that draw interest from your Internet site, products, and/ or companies.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes busted hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that have you to similar Web page, and pages without links back to the home page (always include a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find all their way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or total marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web-site is not really your marketing strategy. Your Website is just a component to your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have a prosperous restaurant yet want to promote and market your business www.cafsevilla.com on the Web. Creating a Internet site is great, but if it is not marketed and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out custom business cards with your Website URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to enhance your Website. If you provide a downloadable/ savings coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet objective of increased restaurant revenue.
– Failure to attain Web page relevance and content changing. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Inaccurate pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated content material, and old advertising every signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is normally suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant material will deter the visitor from getting the point of your Site (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
— Avoid just too many text effects. Forget flashing text, curing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and wild effects, which in turn do nothing much more than annoy your blog visitor. Tend create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, text, or graphics that tourists are weighed down by the effects and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web site so that you do overwhelm your webblog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images in your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors avoid want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the simple fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames into Web site style. The use of support frames within a Site will travel customers away faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Website design components to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.