Be aware of these kinds of common issues when designing your blog:
– The home page will not quickly let you know what the Website is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Internet site and discover what the internet site is about, what type of products that sells, or perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animation and sound but which you have to watch with respect to five to ten seconds before you are delivered to the real Web site), and also other Web design features that get interest away from your Web-site, products, and/ or offerings.
– Poor Web site routing. This includes broken hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, backlinks that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without links returning to the home webpage (always include a link back towards the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they will find the way back house! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web page is not your online marketing strategy. Your Web site is just a component to your overall marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have a booming restaurant but want in promoting and market your business fitnesssports.world on the net. Creating a Site is great, when it is not marketed and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Site URL embossed on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to enhance your Site. If you give you a downloadable/ good coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your online marketing strategy to meet objective of improved restaurant product sales.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content modernizing. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an internet site that is grossly out of date. Wrong pricing, products no longer available, dated content material, and ancient advertising all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering tremendously. Cramming the pages with non-relevant material will take away the visitor by getting the point of your Site (the five-second rule referred to earlier).
— Avoid too many text effects. Forget pulsating text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing a lot more than annoy your site visitor. No longer create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text message, or graphics that site visitors are overwhelmed by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web-site so that you do overwhelm your webblog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, playing with today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors may want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the simple fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t integrate frames into Web site design and style. The use of supports within a Web-site will travel customers away faster than anything!
– DO combine the proper Web page design elements to ensure that your Web site is able to be found simply by search engines.