Be aware of these common risks when designing your websites:
– Home page does not quickly tell you what the Internet site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Web site and figure out what the web page is about, what type of products that sells, laurysmith.comor what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and appear but which you have to watch intended for five to ten mere seconds before you are taken up the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that pull interest away from your Web-site, products, and/ or providers.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes damaged hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take you to pages without links, links that have you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without links back in the home web page (always add a link back to the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they can find the way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or general marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Internet site is not really your online marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a element of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a booming restaurant nonetheless want to promote and promote your business on the net. Creating a Web page is great, when it is not offered and publicized, no one is ever going to find it. By simply passing out business cards with your Web-site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to advertise your Site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are efficiently using your Website as part of your marketing strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant sales.
– Failing to attain Web page relevance and content upgrading. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting a site that is grossly out of date. Wrong pricing, products no longer obtainable, dated content material, and historical advertising almost all signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site can be suffering significantly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant materials will deter the visitor by getting the stage of your Web page (the five-second rule brought up earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget pulsating text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing much more than annoy your web sites visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, text, or graphics that site visitors are overpowered by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web-site so that you can not overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Don’t use animated GIF images in your Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, however in today’s specialist environment, they are really just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors avoid want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by simple fact that it can be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t incorporate frames in to Web site design. The use of frames within a Web-site will travel customers aside faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Site design factors to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.