Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your blog:
– Your home page would not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and discover what the internet site is about, which kind of products that sells, 18.104.22.168or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animation and audio but that you’ve to watch meant for five to ten a few moments before you are taken to the real World wide web site), and also other Web design features that get interest faraway from your Website, products, and/ or services.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes busted hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, links that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links back to the home web page (always incorporate a link back for the home page so that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find their particular way back home! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your online strategy. Your Site is just a part of your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a prospering restaurant but want to promote and market your business on the Web. Creating a Web site is great, when it is not endorsed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to enhance your Internet site. If you give a downloadable/ printable coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Web page as part of your web marketing strategy to meet your goal of improved restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Site relevance and content bringing up-to-date. There is nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a Web site that is largely out of date. Wrong pricing, goods no longer offered, dated content, and old advertising almost all signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site can be suffering tremendously. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will detract the visitor via getting the level of your Internet site (the five-second rule noted earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget pulsating text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which in turn do nothing more than annoy your webblog visitor. Is not going to create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or images that site visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Site so that you avoid overwhelm your internet site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid using animated GIF images with your Web site. They were cool a decade ago, in today’s professional environment, they are really just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a website with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the actual fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in to Web site design and style. The use of frame within a Internet site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Web page design factors to ensure that your Web site is preparing to be found by search engines.