Be aware of these types of common issues when designing your websites:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Site is all about. You should be able to go to the home page of any Web page and discover what the site is about, which products it sells, or what it is promoting within five seconds.
– Poor people use of pop-up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch with regards to five to ten seconds before you are taken up the real Net site), and also other Web design features that attract interest faraway from your Site, products, and/ or offerings.
– Poor Web site selection. This includes cracked hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational links, links that take one to pages with no links, links that take you to precisely the same Web page, and pages without having links back in the home page (always incorporate a link back towards the home page in order that regardless of where prospects are, they will find their way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you may have a marketing advertising campaign or total marketing and advertising strategy. You need to understand that your Site is not your marketing strategy. Your Web-site is just a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have an effective restaurant yet want to market and market your business jacksonvillelightingrepair.com on the net. Creating a Web-site is great, but once it is not endorsed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out business cards with your Web-site URL imprinted on them, you are using a traditional marketing campaign to market your Web-site. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon out of your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web site as part of your marketing strategy to meet pregnancy of elevated restaurant revenue.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content changing. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a website that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated content, and historic advertising every signify towards the Web site visitor that the devotion to your Web site is certainly suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant materials will deter the visitor from getting the point of your Web page (the five-second rule said earlier).
— Avoid just too many text results. Forget pulsating text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Tend create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or design that tourists are stressed by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of images on your Site so that you do overwhelm your web site visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool a decade ago, in today’s professional environment, they are just another “loud, ” frustrating distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the actual fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames into Web site design and style. The use of structures within a Internet site will travel customers away faster than anything!
— DO include the proper Website design factors to ensure that your Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.