Be aware of these common pitfalls when designing your webblog:
– The property page will not quickly tell you what the Web site is all about. You should be able to visit the home page of any Website and determine what the web page is about, which products this sells, brightecsolutions.comor perhaps what it is marketing and advertising within five seconds.
– Poor people use of popup windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but that you’ve to watch intended for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Net site), and other Web design features that pull interest faraway from your Web site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site navigation. This includes ruined hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that take you to the same Web page, and pages without having links back in the home page (always incorporate a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where prospects are, they can find their very own way back home! ).
— Believing that because you may have a Web site, you have a marketing advertising campaign or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Internet site is not your online marketing strategy. Your Website is just a a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your business goals; for instance , if you have an excellent restaurant but want to promote and market your business on the internet. Creating a Internet site is great, but once it is not marketed and promoted, no one will ever find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign in promoting your Internet site. If you give you a downloadable/ good coupon out of your Web site, you are effectively using your Web-site as part of your online strategy to meet your goal of increased restaurant sales.
– Failure to attain Internet site relevance and content changing. There is almost nothing more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting a website that is grossly out of date. Inaccurate pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated articles, and ancient advertising all signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is definitely suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will take away the visitor right from getting the point of your Website (the five-second rule stated earlier).
– Avoid lots of text results. Forget flashing text, curing text, gymnastics text, or other amazing and dizzying effects, which do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Have a tendency create a “loud” Web site that contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and content spinning icons, textual content, or design that visitors are confused by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Site so that you tend overwhelm your web blog visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your Web site. These were cool ten years ago, in today’s professional environment, they can be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors have a tendency want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a Web site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the very fact that it may be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t incorporate frames in Web site style. The use of casings within a Web page will drive customers away faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Site design components to ensure that your Web site is able to be found by simply search engines.