Be aware of these kinds of common stumbling blocks when designing your websites:
– Your property page will not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You have to be able to visit the home page of any Site and determine what the site is about, what type of products this sells, or what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but which you have to watch just for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Internet site), and also other Web design features that get interest faraway from your Internet site, products, and/ or offerings.
– Poor Web site the navigation. This includes damaged hyperlinks, concealed navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages with no links, links that consider you to the same Web page, and pages without having links back in the home web page (always include a link back to the home page so that regardless of where guests are, they can find their way back home! ).
— Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing campaign or total marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web-site is not really your online strategy. Your Website is just a part of your overall marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for instance , if you have a successful restaurant yet want to market and promote your business wlcm.to on the net. Creating a Site is great, but since it is not marketed and advertised, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out business cards with your Web-site URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to enhance your Web page. If you give you a downloadable/ good coupon from your Web site, you are efficiently using your Web site as part of your marketing strategy to meet project of elevated restaurant sales.
– Inability to attain Web-site relevance and content upgrading. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Net customer than visiting an internet site that is largely out of date. Inaccurate pricing, items no longer available, dated content, and old advertising all of the signify for the Web site visitor that your devotion on your Web site is normally suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with nonrelevant material will take away the visitor by getting the stage of your Internet site (the five-second rule pointed out earlier).
— Avoid too many text results. Forget blinking text, reversing text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and wild effects, which do nothing more than annoy your blog visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site which contain so many blinking, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, textual content, or design that visitors are weighed down by the results and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of design on your Web site so that you do overwhelm your websites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. These were cool 10 years ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they are simply just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors can not want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Microsoft FrontPage. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the actual fact that it can be used to design superb Web sites.
— Don’t combine frames in Web site design. The use of glasses within a Web-site will drive customers aside faster than anything!
– DO incorporate the proper Web-site design elements to ensure that the Web site is preparing to be found simply by search engines.