Be aware of these kinds of common pitfalls when designing your blog:
– The home page does not quickly let you know what the Web-site is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web-site and discover what the site is about, what sort of products that sells, playmakers.rsor perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The poor use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animated graphics and sound but which you have to watch with regards to five to ten just a few seconds before you are taken up the real Web site), and also other Web design features that get interest far from your Web-site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes damaged hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take one to pages without having links, links that consider you to a similar Web page, and pages without having links to the home page (always add a link back for the home page to ensure that regardless of where website visitors are, they can find their particular way back residence! ).
– Believing that because you have a Web site, you may have a marketing marketing campaign or general marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Web site is not really your online strategy. Your Web page is just a component to your overall online marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a productive restaurant nonetheless want in promoting and promote your business on the internet. Creating a Internet site is great, but since it is not marketed and promoted, no one will ever find it. By simply passing out custom business cards with your Internet site URL embossed on them, you are using a conventional marketing campaign to develop your Web site. If you give you a downloadable/ savings coupon from your Web site, you are effectively using your Site as part of your online marketing strategy to meet your goal of elevated restaurant sales.
– Failing to attain Website relevance and content modernizing. There is absolutely nothing more dissatisfying to a World wide web customer than visiting a Web site that is largely out of date. Inappropriate pricing, goods no longer available, dated content, and historic advertising every signify towards the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is definitely suffering drastically. Cramming your pages with non-relevant materials will take away the visitor by getting the stage of your Internet site (the five-second rule outlined earlier).
— Avoid way too many text effects. Forget pulsating text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing much more than annoy your web blog visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or graphics that site visitors are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Website so that you don’t overwhelm your web sites visitors with “graphics overburden. ” Don’t use animated GIF images on your own Web site. They were cool 10 years ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they can be just another “loud, ” bothersome distraction that site visitors don’t want to see.
– Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating a site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we stand by the simple fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
— Don’t integrate frames in to Web site style. The use of frame within a Web page will travel customers aside faster than anything!
— DO incorporate the proper Site design components to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.