Be aware of these common stumbling blocks when designing your blog:
– Your home page would not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You have to be able to go to the home page of any Web page and discover what the web page is about, what sort of products it sells, fitnesssports.worldor what it is advertising within five seconds.
– The indegent use of popup windows, splashy advertising, landing pages (pages with neat animations and audio but which you have to watch designed for five to ten seconds before you are taken to the real Internet site), and other Web design features that get interest from your Web-site, products, and/ or solutions.
– Poor Web site sat nav. This includes broken hyperlinks, invisible navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without links, links that take you to a similar Web page, and pages with no links returning to the home site (always will include a link back for the home page in order that regardless of where website visitors are, they will find the way back house! ).
– Believing that because you could have a Web site, you have a marketing campaign or overall marketing and advertising approach. You need to understand that your Internet site is certainly not your marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a a part of your overall web marketing strategy, depending on your company goals; for example , if you have a successful restaurant nonetheless want to advertise and market your business online. Creating a Web page is great, but if it is not promoted and marketed, no one is ever going to find it. Simply by passing out custom business cards with your Web page URL imprinted on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to market your Website. If you offer a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are effectively using your Website as part of your online strategy to meet your goal of improved restaurant product sales.
– Inability to attain Web-site relevance and content upgrading. There is practically nothing more dissatisfying to a Internet customer than visiting a site that is grossly out of date. Improper pricing, goods no longer readily available, dated content, and historical advertising each and every one signify to the Web site visitor that your devotion to your Web site is usually suffering greatly. Cramming your pages with non-relevant material will deter the visitor coming from getting the stage of your Web-site (the five-second rule said earlier).
– Avoid way too many text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or perhaps other amazing and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing much more than annoy your site visitor. Typically create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and spinning icons, textual content, or images that tourists are overpowered by the results and under-whelmed by the websites content.
– Limit the number of graphics on your Web page so that you typically overwhelm your site visitors with “graphics overload. ” Avoid the use of animated GIF images on your Web site. Just read was cool ten years ago, but in today’s specialist environment, they are just another “loud, ” annoying distraction that site visitors may want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, all of us stand by the very fact that it can be used to design great Web sites.
– Don’t combine frames into Web site style. The use of frames within a Web site will drive customers apart faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Web-site design components to ensure that your Web site is ready to be found simply by search engines.