Be aware of these common risks when designing your site:
– Your house page would not quickly let you know what the Web site is all about. You will be able to visit the home page of any Site and discover what the site is about, what sort of products this sells, aquapools.co.zaor perhaps what it is advertising and marketing within five seconds.
– The indegent use of pop up windows, splashy advertising, splash pages (pages with neat animations and sound but which you have to watch just for five to ten secs before you are delivered to the real Net site), and also other Web design features that attract interest from your Site, products, and/ or products.
– Poor Web site direction-finding. This includes ruined hyperlinks, hidden navigation, poor wording of navigational backlinks, links that take you to pages without having links, backlinks that consider you to similar Web page, and pages without having links returning to the home page (always will include a link back to the home page in order that regardless of where site visitors are, they can find the way back residence! ).
— Believing that because you could have a Web site, you may have a marketing plan or overall marketing and advertising technique. You need to understand that your Web-site is not your web marketing strategy. Your Web page is just a part of your overall online strategy, depending on your business goals; for example , if you have an excellent restaurant yet want to advertise and promote your business online. Creating a Web page is great, but once it is not marketed and promoted, no one is ever going to find it. By passing out business cards with your Site URL embossed on them, you are using a regular marketing campaign to develop your Web-site. If you give you a downloadable/ printable coupon through your Web site, you are successfully using your Web site as part of your web marketing strategy to meet project of increased restaurant revenue.
– Inability to attain Internet site relevance and content upgrading. There is nothing at all more dissatisfying to a Web customer than visiting an online site that is largely out of date. Inaccurate pricing, items no longer obtainable, dated content material, and ancient advertising all of the signify to the Web site visitor that the devotion on your Web site is definitely suffering significantly. Cramming the pages with nonrelevant materials will take away the visitor from getting the level of your Website (the five-second rule mentioned earlier).
– Avoid a lot of text results. Forget blinking text, treating text, gymnastics text, or other eye-popping and dizzying effects, which usually do nothing more than annoy your site visitor. Avoid create a “loud” Web site that may contain so many flashing, flashing, twirling, and rotating icons, text message, or design that visitors are overpowered by the effects and under-whelmed by the site content.
– Limit the number of images on your Web-site so that you is not going to overwhelm your blog visitors with “graphics excess. ” Avoid using animated GIF images on your own Web site. These were cool a decade ago, in today’s professional environment, they are really just another “loud, ” troublesome distraction that site visitors don’t want to see.
— Don’t use Microsoft’s themes (built-in design templates) when creating an online site with Frontpage from microsoft. While FrontPage is bashed on a regular basis, we all stand by the fact that it may be used to design wonderful Web sites.
– Don’t integrate frames in to Web site design. The use of frame within a Website will drive customers away faster than anything!
– DO integrate the proper Web-site design elements to ensure that the Web site is ready to be found by simply search engines.