Back away from the instant ramen. You got this.
1. A hearty slow-simmered chili:
Like this three-bean version you can make on the stovetop. Recipe here.
More ideas: 24 Chili Recipes That Will Warm You Up
2. A classic pasta that only needs a few ingredients:
3. A casserole that will feed a crowd:
4. Chicken (or fish) in a simple white wine sauce:
Like this stovetop chicken piccata with lemon and capers. Recipe here.
5. A savory stir fry:
Like this one loaded with fresh vegetables and a DIY sauce of rice vinegar, sesame oil, molasses, and soy sauce. Recipe here.
6. An easy sheet pan dinner:
Like oven-roasted chicken breasts with tomatoes and chickpeas. Recipe here.
More ideas: 30 Easy One-Tray Oven Dinners
7. A foolproof slow cooker soup:
8. A filling frittata that goes beyond breakfast:
Like this one with bacon, potatoes, green onions, and plenty of cheese. Recipe here.
More ideas: 31 Breakfast-For-Dinner Recipes
9. A light but filling fish fillet:
Like balsamic glazed salmon. Recipe here.
More ideas: 23 Quick and Delicious Fish Dinners
10. Homemade fried rice that’s even better than takeout:
11. From-scratch pizza that beats delivery:
Like this barbecue chicken version. Recipe here.
More ideas: 31 Exciting Pizza Flavors You Have To Try
13. A meatless option that even carnivores will crave:
Like white bean ragout with cherry tomatoes and Parmesan. Recipe here.
14. A healthy meal that puts everything you need in one bowl:
Like these spicy fish taco bowls with tilapia, red peppers, black beans, avocado, and brown rice. Recipe here.
More ideas: 21 Healthy and Delicious One-Bowl Meals
15. Mac â€˜n’ cheese that doesn’t come with a seasoning packet:
Like Martha Stewart’s version here.
16. A simple seafood option:
Like garlic butter shrimp over rice or quinoa. Recipe here.
More ideas: 15 Flavorful Seafood Recipes To Make This Summer